Our McDonald’s Relationship
RMHC Founding Mission Partner since 1974
From the moment the first Ronald McDonald House in Philadelphia, PA opened, the entire McDonald’s system (owner/operators, suppliers, employees and customers) has helped us support families with sick children by providing stability and vital resources.
Locally, the Buffalo Ronald McDonald House opened its doors to families in 1983 with the encouragement and support of 11 local McDonald’s Owner/Operators and their 67 restaurants in Western New York and Northwestern Pennsylvania.
We are tremendously grateful for the support of the McDonald’s Owner/Operators who spearhead promotional and fundraising events on our behalf. Their efforts generate a major portion of the annual operating revenue for the House. They continue to provide vital foundational support to RMHC of WNY through the following activities:
- The Annual Ronald McDonald House Charities Golf Classic now in its 21st year. McDonald’s Owner/Operator Sandy Haefner and her golf committee have raised more than $1,000,000 for the House,
- Owner/Operator Rico Francani held the first House Holiday Concert to benefit the House in December 2008. Since then the holiday concerts have generated $500,000 to benefit families at the House,
- Donating a penny from the sale of every Happy Meal to support local RMHC programs and services,
- Donating products to help keep the Hospital Family Lounge, Happy Wheels Cart, and the Buffalo House well stocked,
- Donating food and volunteer time for the Annual 5K Run post-run picnic,
- Various product promotions,
- In-restaurant and drive-through canisters donations from customers.
Several local Owner/Operators also serve as volunteers on our Board of Directors and committees and along with McDonald’s employees participate in many local RMHC fundraising events.