Cooks for Kids
After a long, stressful day, have you ever wished that you could arrive home to the wonderful aroma of a home-cooked meal already on the table? You can grant that wish for our guest families by taking part in our “Cooks for Kids” program for volunteer groups.
You don’t need to be a world-class chef to provide a tasty, home-cooked meal. As a “Cooks for Kids” volunteer, your group plans your menu, shops for menu items, and prepare meals in the House kitchen for our guests. Download the Cooks for Kids Flyer
More of a dessert kind of group – no worries, some groups choose to bake goodies for our families! Can’t come to cook at the house, sponsor a Pizza night, sub night or Chinese take out night!
Our “Cooks or Kids” volunteers make a tremendous difference in the lives of our guest families. And the feeling you’ll get from helping will be “fuel for your soul”.
What should I know?
- All meals are prepared at Ronald McDonald House. We have all cooking and serving needs.
- Group should arrive at 4:00pm, dinner ready by 6pm buffet style.
- Meals should include Entrée, 2 sides and a dessert. No need to supply beverages.
- Please ask all group members to have hair pulled back while cooking. Gloves are available at the House. Please, if you or a member of your group is not feeling well please do not come to volunteer.
- All volunteers must be at least 14 years old and supervised by an Adult.
- Please bring no more than 10 volunteers for both preparation & clean up.
- Please plan a menu and shop for all ingredients ahead of time.
- Please confirm date. Let us know your menu so we can insure variety.
- Plan to serve 15-20 people. (ex. 1 large casserole, 2 lbs of pasta is plenty!)
- If you need to cancel please call as soon as possible!
- House tours are available. We can take photos, ask for a photo release.
Contact Lynn Hughes, House Manager, at (716) 883-1177 for more details or to reserve a date to cook! Please note that we are scheduling one to two months in advance.