Hospital Program Volunteers
We rely on volunteers to extend our signature RMHC hospitality to our hospital guests. As our volunteer at OCH, you can support families visiting the Family Lounge, Family Laundry Room and go to the bedside with our Happy Wheels Cart.
Our Hospital Programs run seven days per week 8am – 4pm with 4 hour shifts. Volunteers are asked to commit to two 4-hour shifts per month. (We understand some of our volunteers have extended periods away during the year. We welcome everyone when they are available.)
Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older and are required to complete Oishei Children’s Hospital Annual Health Assessment, attend Oishei Mandatory Volunteer Orientation with HIPAA training as well as RMHC training.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Welcome and acquaint visitors to the Hospital Programs offerings
- Provide support to patients and families
- Make coffee, stage beverages and snacks
- Organize supplies for the kitchenette and Happy Wheels Cart
- Drive the Cart on the patient floors, visiting patients and families
- Tidy the room and cart: This will include wiping the counters, in the refrigerator, and cleaning small spills. (Heavy cleaning is done by Kaleida staff after hours)
- Clean the toys: in order to keep our visitors safe, we need to wipe off the toys often to prevent the spread of colds and illnesses.